What kind of Mystery its all about...

The Mysteries spoken about in this page are the thoughts i see and i feel. We live in a world which we have never seen or we have never experienced and hence aptly titles every moment is a mystery. These mysteries mainly about life i see and venture , about a movie fanatics journey of watching cinema and their reviews , a fanatic of Music and sound, a photo enthusiast and a travel bug. Peep in , you can take atleast a smile when you move out !!!

As said , its an innocent world which we are peeping in daily !!!

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Tsunami : the Day it was


After 7 years....

 Tsunami, I have never heard about this till that date. May be its synonym for what is called death. I may not be the most affected person by this but I had seen people suffering by this phenomenon. The 26th of December the day life in coastal Tamilnadu can be considered as forgettable. Two days before  I came for writing an exam to city considering my residence as sub urban I decided to stay in my friends place for the Christmas weekend. It was a nice festivity season with food fun and movies was the itinerary. Saturday, the Christmas , we enjoyed roaming around the city and having fun. Thanks to ignoring of my parents repeated calls I stayed back in my friends place for celebrating Sunday . College days , those where which meant to be fun with friends and I enjoyed every penny of those. Post late night movie the day before I with my friends overslept cancelling our plans to go to Santhome Basallica early in the morning. With palpable interest in this shrine for this uniqueness and beauty I asked all my friends to get up and dragged them. It was 7 in the morning we started to marina for early morning walk on Sunday where we can arguably see people entangled in their lives and which was sheer enjoyment for us. Thanks to delay in having early morning chai in the standard tea shop we have, we crossed the D –time god has limited on us, the coastal living junta of Tamilnadu. Suddenly we heard a huge sound, dropping our tea glasses we rushed  to the Kamaraj Salai, The Marina. Rest is what you all call Tsunami.
I was destined to be there kissing the shore with my hands wide open praying the Goddess of Ocean. The practice I even do now. I like to make the waves chase my legs the practice we all do. I like to ask for a wish or two with the dangerous yet sacred waves I even do now.
Had I done that day, I wouldn’t be here.
This is natural disaster, people say.  I say, this is disaster which not only affects human lives but the mental agony of those chanced to live / escape.
For me Chennai and marina are synonym as the word beauty and aura are. Every time post that day I go to marina to pray the goddess of beauty the marina, I thank her and ask her blessings.
I was not at all affected by this, the agony of those who spared their known is much worrisome. But , I did happened to see the aftereffects of Marina with shear fierceness. I just prayed, no one can withstand her fierceness and asked her to remain calm fir her lifetime.
Every day when I pass by her, I shed a tear, for those who lost and for those who have similar feelings like me.